What is the Goodreads Giveaway Program?
Goodreads (owned by Amazon) is the world’s biggest online community for both authors and the readers of eBooks and books. I have documented in various posts how you can use Goodreads to help you connect with your readers and to sell more books and eBooks. This post is specifically related to the promotional technique of ‘giving away your book or eBook’ for free in order to gain attention, greater visibility and put your eBook in front of those individuals who would want to read it.
Giving away your new eBook has proven to be a powerful promotional tool for many authors. Giveaways are very popular among readers at Goodreads.
Goodreads Giveaway Program
From Goodreads: ‘The giveaway program is heavily trafficked by members, and an average of 825 people enters to win any giveaway! The Goodreads’ giveaway program has given away more than 200,000 books since its inception.’
You can learn more about Goodreads Giveaway program by viewing this slide show: Goodreads Giveaway
Tips to Get Started and Make a ‘Giveaway’ Work for Your eBook:
1. Have the right mindset from the start by acknowledging that if the winners like your eBook then they will most likely buy your next eBook.
2. Start by offering one eBook and then you can use this as a test to see how it works out.
3. You can use Digital Signature software to ‘autograph’ your eBook for added value.
4. Learn from how successful authors giveaway their eBooks and copy their model.
5. Write a compelling description that convinces the reader to enter to receive your eBook.
6. When someone wins connect with them and start the building of that relationship.