Does Your eBook Tick All the Boxes to Be a Winner?
So you have finished your eBook and are very excited about the imminent publication. Firstly, congratulations on achieving this first major milestone! Now you have to tick the boxes to make sure it becomes a success.
You know you have produced a quality eBook. You have put many long hours into writing your eBook. But have you done all that is within your power to ensure its success? Answer some of the following questions to see if there is anything else you can do to ensure that you give your eBook the best chance of becoming a best-seller.
The following checklist may just identify some key areas that you will want to address.
- Does your eBook offer unique content?
- Do you have first-hand experience in your niche topic?
- Is your eBook available in all the major online eBook stores?
- Is your eBook available in the related niche eBook stores?
- Is your niche topic affected by the economy?
- Is your niche topic affected by seasonal changes?
- Does your eBook have the potential to be converted into a series?
- Are your customers found in one location?
- Is your eBook priced competitively?
- Have you created a unique eye-catching title for your eBook?
- Have you produced an eBook cover that stands out?
- Do you know how to market your eBook?
- Do you know how to reach your target audience?
- Do you have an author website?
- Do you have your own blog?
- Do you know how to conduct a pre-publication marketing campaign?
- Do you know how to conduct a post-publication marketing campaign?
- Does your eBook have a low break-even point?
- Have you built and established a strong author platform?
- Are you an author who has a recognized reputation in your target niche?
- Have you met all marketing and publication deadlines?
- Have you had your eBook proofread by at least three people?
- Do you have a long-term perspective with regards to the success of your eBook?
- Are you relying solely on distribution channels to generate sales?
- Will you sell your eBook through retail and non-retail markets?
- Will you conduct joint ventures with fellow authors to promote each other’s eBooks?
- Have you set-up an affiliate program so others can sell your eBook?